Pssst, we need to talk about PSTs!
PST’s are old files which are both unreliable and potentially dangerous to have on your network. One of the greatest things about moving to the cloud is not having to worry about PST files anymore….isn’t it?
The recent pandemic has caused a panic move of email and file data to the cloud. The question is, have you actually moved all your organisation’s data to the cloud? Is there any lurking century-old email and files remaining that are going to cause heart-ache at any moment?
Here are five key reasons to avoid PST files
- eDiscovery If there is a law case ongoing, legal requested email may not be available as users have the ability to delete and alter messages on PST files, avoiding policy and potentially costing the firm a lot of money.
- Backup PST files are rarely properly backed up. PSTs kept on hard drives and desktops will be missed out in scheduled backup activity. If you can’t see them, you won’t know they are there.
- Retention and Compliance with PSTs, it is difficult to control retention periods of emails. They are not easily searchable, users can manipulate the data and delete important emails; not good practice in an age of increased data compliance and forthcoming GDPR rules!
- Cost A lot of expensive storage is needed and backups take longer to run. If there is a lawsuit or data breach, the cost of not knowing about PST files could be a company closer.
- Risk By their very nature, PST files are liable to corruption, can contribute to data loss/breaches and a lack of visibility. That is before we even get to insider threats as users can alter and delete messages.
MailMeter Eliminates PST Problems
MailMeter will move attachments from the email server to lower-cost storage, taking advantage of single-instance storage and making mailbox quotas a thing of the past. This removes the need for users to store PST files locally. MailMeter Storage Manager puts emails back into the mailbox where they belong, solving your PST problems.
- Takes the pressure off your email server so storage is more efficient
- Immediately saves costs in storage and also backup times
- Improves the reliability and performance of your email server
- Boosts the performance of Outlook (or Lotus Notes) and as a result the productivity of end-users
- Reduces the overall costs of management
- Solves the problem of PSTs effectively by archiving all emails in one place
Leaving things alone is not the answer. PST’s are already having a large impact on your organisation. You need to act now to move your PST files to the cloud and create a searchable environment. MailMeter brought to you by Waterford Technologies is a cost-effective, fully managed solution.
Ready to see what Waterford Technologies can do for you, try before you buy with a real-time demonstration. Experience first hand the simplicity of our solutions. Schedule a demo now.