Junior Technical Support Engineer Vacancy
Due to the exponential growth of our Data Management services and support, Waterford Technologies are actively seeking to hire a Junior Technical Support Engineer, who will work as part of our EMEA Support Team, based in Waterford.
This is a great opportunity for a junior engineer to gain valuable experience across a range of technologies and to build on their key support skills, working with Waterford Technologies Blue Chip clientele across EMEA.
MCP desirable. Certificate, Degree or equivalent in a Technology related field is preferred.
- 1 year plus experience in a support / administration role in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Good understanding of MS Exchange\O365 technologies would be a bonus
- Excellent knowledge of Windows OS.
- Some understanding of SQL server
- Excellent customer service skills
Support Role Requirements:
- Perform customer healthchecks (standard & premium support).
- Log customer calls using company provided software tools.
- Maintain the customer database.
- Provide first level support via phone, email and remotely for Mailmeter Email & File Archiving Solutions.
- Provide customer resolution reports describing the steps taken to resolve the problem, root causes and preventative measures.
- Assist the sales function when required.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organised.
- Some Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Good communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, expanding software company and contribute to the future development of the Company. An attractive plan in terms of training and exposure to first class Support methodologies is on offer to the successful candidate. You will work with some of the biggest household names in Ireland and the UK.
Waterford Technologies is an Equal Opportunities employer.