Waterford Technologies provides scalable, secure cloud file archiving for leading food manufacturers.
Our client is an established player in the food and beverage sector operating out of multiple locations across Ireland and the United Kingdom. They approached Waterford Technologies after being referred by a colleague. Before installation, our client was working off 4 servers with 30 TB of data.
“Our primary concern was the cost associated with our tier-one storage, both financial and human. We were struggling with the increased build-up of data in our environment and finding it increasingly difficult to distinguish between what was old redundant data and what was critical file information.”
Our client was utilising Microsoft as their email platform so hosting SISCIN within Azure was a simple move. A simple drop-in 7kb agent onto our clients file servers removed the need for additional hardware and means that SISCIN is configured to run from anywhere in the world.
SISCIN works alongside Azure (public and private cloud) and allows our clients to do in-depth analysis of your file data. This enables our clients to make fact-based decisions such as deleting obsolete data that no longer has any business value and setting policies to intelligently archive colder critical data via Azure thereby reducing our client’s overall data footprint.
Any file that has been archived is replaced with a 1kb stub link in the same location, so there is no impact on end-users but it allows you to remove ROT (redundant, obsolete and trivial data), archive older data that no one interacts with and keep your live or recent data exactly where it is.
This means a reduction of approx. 20% of current footprint via deduplication and clean-up and removing an industry-standard of another 40% of older data for an overall reduction of 60%, which has a huge impact on management time, server resources, and of course backups.
Inline deduplication and compression reduced our clients’ storage capacity by over 60% of the original size. Deduplication, data clean-up, retention, archiving and compression reduces on-premise storage by up to 70%
Piece of Mind
Waterford Technologies provided deduplication, clean up, and lifecycle management with our Vue-X content indexing delivering eDiscovery and compliance search of their unstructured file data.
SISCIN allows you to get full visibility of your on-premise file servers via reports on size, owner, location, age, modified, oldest, newest, duplication, and many other reports. All the reports are automatic so you can set them continuously run and report and then create automatic policies for retention, clean-up, and archiving directly to low-cost cloud storage.
Content Search and eDiscovery
“The support is excellent, right from the first contact we got the VIP treatment. We receive health checks every month, which is reassuring and means we can focus on our day to day activities. It gives me peace of mind that the support team are always at the end of the phone to answer my queries”
Key Benefits of Working with Waterford Technologies
“The effects of deploying SISCIN was immediate, drastically reducing our storage space and providing full visibility into our mountains of file data. Day-to-day management of the system is simple and less time-consuming than manual processes. And in terms of regulatory compliance, we’re feeling much more confident. Basically, we’ve upgraded from a lot of hard work and growing costs to software that’s very easy and keeps costs low.”