Are you drowning in vast amounts of data and not sure where the lifebuoy is?
Unstructured data is like the deep ocean, very much an unknown, difficult to view, access and a large proportion unused. Organisations are in unchartered waters when it comes to managing risks, fulfilling personal information requests (PII’s) or data subject access requests (DSAR) under GDPR.
Continue reading “Unstructured Data and the Not for Profit Sector”
Accountability is a legal requirement.
11 months since GDPR was implemented on a European scale and the threat is as high as ever.
Continue reading “Unstructured Data …. A risk for all companies.”
Saving Money in a GDPR World
In this post GDPR world that we now live in, Data Compliance is not something that is optional for an organisation anymore. Consumers now have a lot more clarity around what rights they have when it comes to their personal data and they are not afraid to execute these rights.
Continue reading “Reducing the Costs for Email Compliance”
Top five data protection tips from the ICO for small and medium sized charities and third sector organisations:
- Tell people what you are doing with their data
People should know what you are doing with their information and who it will be shared with. This is a legal requirement (as well as established best practice) so it is important you are open and honest with people about how their data will be used.
- Make sure your staff are adequately trained
New employees must receive data protection training to explain how they should store and handle personal information. Refresher training should be provided at regular intervals for existing staff.
- Use strong passwords
There is no point protecting the personal information you hold with a password if that password is easy to guess. All passwords should contain upper and lower case letters, a number and ideally a symbol. This will help to keep your information secure from would-be thieves.
- Encrypt all portable devices
Make sure all portable devices – such as memory sticks and laptops – used to store personal information are encrypted.
- Only keep people’s information for as long as necessary
Make sure your organisation has established retention periods in place and set up a process for deleting personal information once it is no longer required.
For Further Information Please see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/charity/
Bringing data compliance & archiving to your companies file servers in the cloud.
Data compliance and management has become a key requirement for businesses in today’s economy. In the digital age, companies are responsible for increasing amounts of data, both of their customers as well as their own employees. Meeting regulatory requirements and new legislation is a challenge. Unstructured data like file presents a range of hurdles when trying to prevent violations or when responding to discovery requests.
With all the compliance regulations, such as Freedom of information act (FOIA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and General Data Protection (GDPR) as well as the mass increase in e-Discovery requests, Waterford Technologies as a direct result has introduced a powerful smart File compliance solution, reimagined to make it easier for you to effortlessly manage your unstructured data- no matter the size of your company.
Data compliance starts with visibility -Waterford Technologies has launched SISCIN Vue-X to give our clients the visibility they need for effective monitoring, eDiscovery, auditing and reporting across a variety of data regulation standards.
SISCIN Vue-X is a Cloud-Based File Compliance & Archiving Solution.
SISCIN Vue-X is a cloud SAAS file analysis and archiving solution hosted in Azure, it provides content indexing to assist with e-Discovery, FOIA and GDPR requests. Searchable content for file data at its core, it allows an unprecedented analysis of data to meet compliance standards. Clear reporting dashboards give a complete overview of files, enabling immediate action to happen.
- Archiving solutions are needed when critical information needs to be protected and still be accessible regardless of its age. SISCIN provides a broad set of analytic tools which enable an organization to delve deeply into the types of data being stored on servers, determine when it was last accessed and its age. Using this detailed information decisions can be made whether to remove obsolete file data and /or move critical file data to a safe location in the cloud.
- Using SISCIN Vue-X an organization is now able to search file content across all servers from a single application to location-specific content for business analysis and quickly respond to e-Discovery, FOIA, and GDPR DSAR requests.
Key Benefits of SISCIN Vue-X
- Compliance – search file content across all servers from a single application.
- Intelligent Management- empowering data managers to understand, identify and clean their data. Remove obsolete data and clean their data in preparation for data regulation or for good practice. SISCIN with Vue-X uses windows native iFilter capability to scan documents and files for any text that they contain. This text is then used by the Vue-X engine to create a comprehensive searchable index of your document \ file store.
- Reduction of back up costs – tools to control and manage unstructured file data from one central dashboard.
- Security – SISCIN compresses and encrypts data on your servers before transfer. Selected files can be split and stored in different Cloud or local tiered storage locations and with different cloud providers for additional security.
- Reporting – Clear and concise reporting dashboards give a complete overview of files, enabling immediate action to be taken.
Compliance is a challenging part of doing business today and proving unstructured data compliance isn’t an easy task, our solutions allow the business to stay ahead of data regulatory shifts with compliance solutions that are easy to manage and implement. If you would like a quick demo of our SISCIN Vue-X file compliance and management platform, contact us today.
We are all aware of the popularity of Microsoft Office 365 in the market, therefore it is not surprising that every day we talk to organisations who are either moving to MS Office 365 or who are already using the software.
Waterford Technologies, as an email, eDiscovery & compliance solution provider for nearly 20 years, work seamlessly with Microsoft Office 365 & we can see the huge value it delivers as an overall communications platform.
Continue reading “Questions You Should Ask Your Microsoft Office 365 Service Provider?”
Back in October 2018, One of our clients chased a customer for a late payment, only to be told that the payment had already been made. A quick search of our client’s books and bank records confirmed that the payment had not in fact been received. Engaging with their customer, our client learned that they had received an email from them with updated bank details. A common enough scam, unfortunately their customer acted upon it.
Continue reading “How MailMeter can help in an email hack”
Cost benefits of a MailMeter Cloud & Office 365™ union
by Mark Mulcahy
On our ongoing and new client engagements and consultations, Waterford Technologies have observed the incremental growth of Office 365™ across all verticals of business across the globe in all sizes of company. The wave is picking up momentum – cloud adoption in general has become ubiquitous and Office 365™ in particular is swelling in popularity.
Continue reading “MailMeter Cloud with Office 365™ – Cost Effective Partnership”
Make working with Office 365 much easier with MailMeter Cloud
by Mark Mulcahy
If your organisation currently uses Office 365 to store email, you may think it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Before you commit solely to this platform (in other words, put all your eggs in one basket), we’ve put together some tips that you may not be aware of and also how MailMeter Cloud can help – you can thank us later…
Continue reading “7 Tips you Can’t Live Without if you use Office 365”
Did you know Microsoft Office 365™ and MailMeter Cloud go hand in hand?
by Mark Mulcahy – Waterford Technologies
If Microsoft Office 365™ is your organisation’s cloud storage solution of choice, MailMeter Cloud is the most suitable candidate for a 3rd party provider hosted eDiscovery and Compliance solution. Enhancing both the capabilities and security of your stored email data, MailMeter Cloud flawlessly compliments Office 365™’s current functions – here’s how…
Continue reading “Office 365™ Loves MailMeter Cloud – here’s why”