Email Archiving – The long-term solution for everyday IT problems
Cillian Sweeney – Waterford Technologies
Many organisations are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of email data residing in their IT environment. This means that many IT Managers spend their time with their finger in the dyke, moving data from one location to another because space is running out, enforcing mailbox quotas, giving people access to PST files.
While this may relieve the headache for today, it is really just creating a larger problem for tomorrow.
Email issues facing IT Managers include;
- Lack of space on the email server
- Creating PST files for everyone and/or management
- Increasing backup times
- Users constantly asking IT to find email data
- How to locate email data should a priority request materialise (Legal, HR, F.O.I.)
Deploy email archiving today & achieve the following;
- Streamline the email volumes
- Extend the lifespan of email hardware
- Reduce backup times
- Have users self manage their email instead of contacting IT
- Ensure a fast & accurate e discovery portal to email data is in place to meet reporting/compliance requirements
It is only when an organisation can capture all email data & archive it to a tamper proof location can they then decide how best to manage it.