File server storage is ever increasing
It will eventually lead to problems if you don’t take your head out of the sand! Resulting in:
- Longer back up times which will lead to back ups no longer running; or
- you just completely run out of space on your servers.
You can’t manage what you can’t see. If you do not have file management software that delivers an easy way to get reports on your file servers’ usage, then it will only result in a fire drill when you are scrambling to find free space when the hardware fills up. What files can you delete? It’s tough going to your boss to justify new hardware when you have no facts or evidence of what happened to all the storage space.
Managing hundreds of gigabytes or terabytes is a big nightmare. Industry statistics show that over 50% of a file server contents are old and unneeded files.
Waterford Technologies provides affordable, easy-to-install File Analyzer and File Archiver tools to tame your Uncontrolled File Server Growth and to stop you from running out of storage.
Uncontrolled File Server Growth
Best Practices for Management
- Understand what is on your file servers: FileAnalyzer reporting and analysis gives you the understanding and insight into your file server storage usage. With FileAnalyzer, you will immediately see how your file storage is being used and wasted.
- Clean Up: FileAnalyzer gives you reports where you can see the oldest, most duplicates, and clear vision into the “junk” that fills up your file servers. From any report, click on a file or folder and toss it into the trash to remove the files from your file server. Clean up disk space and reclaim valuable storage space. You can use File Archiver policies to delete files that are old or unneeded.
- Set a Storage Goal and use Automated Policies: File Archiver has automated policies that can free up space on your file servers. Files that are older than a specified time period, unneeded, or unused are automatically moved to a file archive where they are compressed, encrypted, de duplicated, and stored for automatic retrieval. You can have different policies for different folders. The original file location contains a tiny 1K shortcut link “stub” that automatically retrieves the file from the archive. You can migrate the shortcut to the new file server. It’s seamless to users. File Archiver packs your files (compressed, encrypted, de duplicated, single instanced) into folders on lower tier (cheaper) storage that reduces your long backup time even more.
It’s time to put an end to running out of storage. In a today’s economy, you have daily pressure to reduce costs and deliver more value. FileAnalyzer and FileArchiver are the easiest and most affordable way to manage Uncontrolled File Server Growth.
See what’s on your servers: File Server Storage Estimator