Your file server storage data increases constantly until two major issues occur
- Backups won’t run or don’t finish in time
- You just run out of storage space.
How can you manage data when you don’t know what data you have? Visibility is the key when it comes to managing data efficiently.Of course there are basic Windows tools that you can use, but not really a realistic option if you are if you are required to analyse hundreds of gigabytes or terabytes. However there is a solution to this problem that is both affordable and hassle-free. Waterford Technologies brings you comprehensive reporting of all data across your network, while enabling you view your files by server, by owner, by size, by type, by name, location, duplicates, last accessed/modified dates, etc. It couldn’t be easier to pinpoint and analyze usage of your data.
File System Reporting and Analysis Tool
File Analyzer offers you file system reporting with a high return on investment. With File Analyzer, you will immediately see how your file storage is being used and wasted – by owner, by file type, by age (last modified, created, accessed), by folder path, by size, by name. It’s easy to get users or managers to take action when you have the facts to show them.
1) Understand what is on your file servers: File Analyzer reporting and analysis gives you the understanding and insight into your file server storage usage. With File Analyzer, you will immediately see how your file storage is being used and wasted.
2) Clean Up: File Analyzer gives you reports where you can see the oldest, most duplicates, and clear vision into the “junk” that fills up your file servers. From any report, click on a file or folder and toss it into the trash to remove the files from your file server. Reclaim valuable storage space. You can use File Archiver policies for file archiving to delete files that are old or unneeded.
3) Set a Storage Goal and use Automated Policies: File Archiver has automated policies that can free up space on your file servers. Files that are older than a specified time period, unneeded, or unused are automatically moved to a file archive where they are compressed, encrypted and stored for automatic retrieval. You can have different policies for different folders. The original file location contains a tiny 1K shortcut link “stub” that automatically retrieves the file from the archive. You can migrate the shortcut to the new file server. It’s seamless to users. Files are shrunk and deduplicated on to lower cost storage. File Archiver packs your files (compressed, encrypted, deduplicated, single instanced) into folders on low cost storage that reduce your long backup time even more.
In a today’s economy, you have daily pressure to reduce costs and deliver more value. File Analyzer gives you the freedom to manage your storage while removing IT headaches with comprehensive reporting tools. You will be amazed at how quickly trash builds up on your file servers and especially at how quickly it multiplies.