Data Management – A Growing Problem
Data on file servers grows very quickly unless you have a plan to manage and control it with the right tools.
Symptoms include increased backup times, Backups that just won’t run, Backup timeframes over 24 hours, Backup costs, server performance, server crash, restoration timeframes and management costs, to eventually a complete lack of storage space.
Simply put – it is impossible to manage the problem when you have no visibility and capability to manage it.
The Blind Leading the Blind
- Without a true picture of your Data, how can your business identify business critical information from historical / archival / redundant Data.
- Key strategic decisions need to be based on fact, not fiction or theory. Use key analytical reports and monitoring to identify weaknesses and areas of stress in your server environment.
- Identifying and classifying business critical Data will allow your company to protect and manage its most import resource – Data. Delete non-relevant Data, remove duplication and move historical / non-business critical Data to lower cost storage in the Cloud or on-premise.
- Adding disk is NOT a long term plan or strategy. Unmanaged Data is growing at an ever increasing rate and without controls, this problem will never go away.
Implementing an Effective Data Management Strategy
An action plan to get a true view of your Data is absolutely essential and should include the following elements:
- Analysis, Analysis, Analysis – We cannot emphasis the need for true analysis as the most important part of any Data Management process.
- Review & Report – Make Data decisions based on FACT not guesswork, delve into the analysis and truly start understanding your Data.
- Data Strategy Review – Your company is not the same as every company, why should your Data be? Let us help you identify the gaps and weaknesses in your plan and environments with the assistance of our specialist Data strategy professionals.
- Implement Policies and Practices – Now you know your Data and have reviewed and identified the non-business critical Data, set automatic policies to continually manage and move your Data so it becomes practice, not a once off “Let us do the heavy lifting so you can do your real job”
- Archive – Now that the historical or non-critical Data is identified, move it to an archive to save costs on Tier 1 storage, backup times, backup costs and management. We provide the ability to archive your Data in compressed and encrypted format either On-Premise utilising existing Tier 2 storage, to your current Data-Centre or to the Cloud. You get the full scalability and flexibility and performance of the Cloud without the security risks, with onsite compression and encryption before transfer using our secure transfer and retrieval tools. Or why not cover all the bases with local and Cloud.
Implementing a Data Management strategy is wrongly considered a huge task.
With the right guidance and tools it’s simple, affordable and quickly implemented. It is also remarkably easy to keep an eye on and get critical reports out to management and business units once good practice has been adopted.
Waterford Technologies are experts in Data Management and will assist you in the planning and implementation stages of developing a comprehensive strategy that works for your company.
Our team will do all the heavy lifting for your Data Consultation using a highly tailored approach to reviewing your Data. Guide you through a remarkably easy and quick install. We will surprise and delight you with how simple, affordable and intuitive our process for Data Management is.
Book a free Data Consultation session today.